Wear Yellow campaign
On Friday 20th April 2012 we are encouraging schools and organisations to support our Wear Yellow Campaign in Support of Mental Health.
Statistics show that 1 in 4 persons will suffer from some form of Mental Health problem during the course of their lives. With around 700 persons suffering from mental illness in Gibraltar today we want to continue raising awareness that Mental Health Concerns Everyone. It could be us, our friends, colleagues, neighbours or families so awareness and support is essential.
On Saturday 21st April 2012 we will have a Yellow Day March in aid of raising awareness and support for Mental Health. The three charities that are organising this campaign are the Psychological Support Group (Charity No. 94), the Gibraltar Clubhouse Project (Charity 213) and the Mental Welfare Society (Charity No. 40).
This year, we have decided on a shorter route and we hope to meet and gather supporters at Casemates square from 12 Noon and then walk up Main Street towards the Convent once the re-enactment soldiers have arrived at Casemates Square. We will have Mr.
A. Galliano leading the Sea Scouts Bagpipe band followed by a few individuals holding the Yellow Day Banner and all the supporters wearing Yellow. Please join us preferably wearing something in Yellow. Please wear Yellow both on Friday and Saturday and encourage as many as possible to join our walk including children, the elderly, babies in prams, dogs etc. so that we can show as a community that we do care about Mental Health Issues which can affect one in every four persons in their lifetime.
We want to dispel the myth that nobody cares, help reduce the stigma surrounding Mental Illness and take active steps in improving conditions now and in the future, not just in the Mental Health Services but in the community too. PLEASE JOIN US – EVERYBODY WELCOME because MENTAL HEALTH CONCERNS EVERYONE.
It would be nice if you informed us if you are doing a Yellow or Wear Yellow Event and if you would like publicity whether you can supply your own photographs or would like a photographer to turn up.
Should you require any further information please do not hesitate in contacting us.
Psychological Support Group
The Gibraltar Clubhouse Project
The Mental Welfare Society
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?MISC120405_1.xmlRead More!
- Christmas shopping awaeness campaign
- Campaign against dog fouling
- New Campaign to Improve Street Cleanliness
campaign Wear Yellow
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge