Tornados arrive on the Rock
Eight RAF Tornado aircraft from IX(B) Squadron and 31 Squadron will be arriving in Gibraltar on the 22 June 2012 for a month of training at RAF Gibraltar. The aircraft will be taking part in Air Combat Training exercises, EX ROCKBAT and EX GOLDROCK.
The Tornado GR4s are based at RAF Marham in Norfolk and in recent years both Squadrons have made significant contributions to operations in Afghanistan and more recently, Libya.
RAF Gibraltar provides the perfect base for carrying out this training and the aircraft will fly clean i.e. no weapons or fuel tanks to encourage the pilots to manoeuvre the aircraft to its limits.
The increased air activity and use of the runway will obviously cause additional traffic congestion for people trying to cross the border. RAF Gibraltar is working closely with the RGP to keep any disruption to a minimum. Local radio stations will broadcast relevant information.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?MISC120622_1.xmlRead More!
- CUTW Plastic Monster on a ‘promotional tour’ of the Rock
- Rock of Gibraltar Special Area of Conservation (SAC)
- Eleanor Laing visits the Rock
- HMS Sutherland visits the Rock
- Lighting up the British Rock
Arrive Rock Tornados
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge