The need to stand firm
The PDP have watched developments over the last few weeks over the fishing dispute and the sovereignty of our waters but more specifically over the last 24 hours and regret that matters have escalated. There can be no doubt that Gibraltar law must be enforced evenly against all who trespass them by our law enforcement authorities. It is fundamentally important that all parties including Spanish fisherman and Spanish police and law enforcement agencies respect our sovereign waters.
In the circumstances the PDP deplore the provocative nature of both the Spanish fishermen and the Spanish Guarda Civil activity in our waters and welcomes the steps taken by the RGP and by the MOD last night to assert our sovereignty and control over our waters. We congratulate the professionalism of the RGP and wish to express our full support for them.
Whilst there may be questions and comment about the need to kick the hornets’ nest (that is the issue of fishing in Gibraltar waters) in the manner the Government have, the fact is the situation as it has evolved demands complete unity by all political parties at this time and therefore the PDP support the
Government and is ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with it whilst it deals what is a difficult issue.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?PDPG120518_1.xmlRead More!
firm need stand
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge