Sport Relief Mile
The Gibraltar Sport Relief Mile will be taking place at RAF Gibraltar and along the runway this Saturday 24th March, starting at 4.30pm. Registration will commence as from 3.30pm and access will be from the South Barrier. There will be three different runs, a mile run which will start at 4.30 pm, a three mile and six mile run which will start together at 5 pm. The Races will be started by Gibraltar Sports Personality of the Year, Nathan Stagno and Miss Gibraltar, Michelle Gillingwater Pedersen.
The Government of Gibraltar together with the Convent, British Forces Gibraltar and the Gibraltar Amateur Athletics Association have worked closely in organising what promises to be a fun event. Children, families, group runners and fancy dress runners are all welcome.
The Minister for Culture, The Hon. Steven Linares MP said, It is great for the Gibraltar Government through the Ministry of Culture to be able to work together with the Gibraltar Sport Relief and the MoD. This event will hopefully raise money for charities locally and I hope that all the participants enjoy the Run.
His Excellency the Governor, Sir Adrian Johns, will also be offering a prize for the best fancy dress runner. The winner and their guest will be invited to join Sir Adrian as his special guest when he takes the salute at a forthcoming Guard Mount on the Convent balcony and then to join him and other VIP guests for lunch at the Convent.
All money raised will go to the Gibraltar Diamond Jubilee Trust Fund, which will support charitable causes in Gibraltar and overseas.
Entry fees are: Adults – £2
Schoolchildren/Under 16s – £1
Family Entry £5
Anyone wishing to make a donation to the Gibraltar Diamond Jubilee Trust Fund may do so by bank transfer or at Barclays Bank at 84/90 Main Street, using
Sort Code 20-45-21 Account Number 13521370
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120323_2.xmlRead More!
Mile Relief Sport
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge