The GSD Opposition would like to congratulate The Programme Chief Executive of Special Olympics Gibraltar, Annie Risso, her team and the volunteers for their dedication and hard work in once again organising this years Special Olympics Summer Games in Gibraltar and for making it such a success. Most importantly, the athletes must be commended for their participation, sense of sportsmanship, personal achievements and, above all, the welcoming spirit to their competitors from the Isle of Man, Spain and Austria.
Edwin Reyes, Opposition Spokesman for Sport & Leisure, Isobel Ellul-Hammond, Opposition Spokesman for Health & Education and Jaime Netto, Opposition Spokesman for Social Services, attended the events held over three days. Mr Reyes said: As always, all spectators were thrilled to be a small part of the Games. It was truly moving to see the athletes from four countries together at the Opening Ceremony and the many Gibraltar dance groups supporting them. Mr Netto felt: The swimming competitions were all very exciting, especially knowing how committed the athletes are and seeing the pride in which they took part representing their country.
Mrs Ellul-Hammond added: It was a fantastic atmosphere at the football tournament, with Gibraltar comfortably going through to the finals and winning. I was also very proud to be at the Athletics meeting experiencing a well run and organised Games. Special Olympics Team Gibraltar played the perfect hosts to the visiting athletes, well done to all involved.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GSDX120706_1.xmlRead More!
- Rock of Gibraltar Special Area of Conservation (SAC)
- GDP officers return from Olympics
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge