Since the last newsletter, we have attended two meetings, the first at the invitation of the Womens Associating to discuss matters related to the Sexual Offence Register and the second at the invitation of the Gibraltar Health Authorities to learn about the facilities that will be available when the new Mental Health hospital is completed and opened.
We were most impressed to learn of the improvements and services which the new hospital will provide for both in and out patients and delighted with Mrs. Emily Adamberry Oliveros presentation and her participation in this venture.
We are always interested in what our colleagues and Government are involved and engaged in, so we may learn and where appropriate and possible, interact and contribute with the view of contributing to the betterment of the quality of life of senior citizens.
As always, our sincere thanks to the Technical Department for installing hand rails in the Upper Town. We further understand that other areas where handrails are necessary and would be welcome are under consideration. Our anticipated thanks.
A most fruitful and friendly meeting was held with Minister Costa where a number of bus related matters were discussed. The Minister was most sympathetic to all our concerns and we now look forward to some of the issues considered being implemented in the near future.
We are further grateful to the Minister as during our frank and open conversation a number of problems outside his direct area of responsibility were highlighted and he very generously offered to bring these to the notice of his colleagues in Government.
Computer Fun Day.
The Citizens Advice Bureau will be holding another of its Computer Fun Days at Bleak House on 20th November.
If interested and want to know more or wish to register, you are advised to phone CAB on 200 40006 as soon as possible.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GSCA121030_1.xmlRead More!
- Free Travel on Route 5 for Senior Citizens Resident in Gibraltar
- Senior Citizens Association Newsletter
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge