Senior Citizens Association Newsletter
We are most grateful to Minister Costa and his senior staff for the prompt manner in which our suggestion that Senior Citizen passes be accepted as a valid document to travel free on all routes except No. 5 on the Gibraltar Bus Company Buses was agreed.
We requested the Ministry by e mail just after 8 am and a positive reply was received by 1 in the afternoon that same day.
Our Frequently Asked Questions document has just been updated with the inclusion of Sponsored Patients and copies are available as usual from Citizens Advice Bureau and from the Office of the Ombudsman to whom we are very grateful.
Similarly we are indebted to the Sponsored Patients staff for their assistance and cooperation throughout.
Updates and corrections have also been made to where and when the Day Centres are held and meet. Activities and meetings which were previously held at the Canton House Day Centre are no longer taking place there, but instead are being held at Albert Risso House Day Centre on Tuesdays.
The information on the special arrangement for senior citizens to travel free on the Gibraltar Bus Company vehicles has been deleted as now all holders of Gibraltar ID cards can now travel free on all routes except No.5.
We are confident that by the next newsletter all formalities and meetings will have been held with regard to the help line for the elderly and that it will then only be a matter of days before the facility is up and running. We are keeping our fingers crossed!
We are pleased to advise that the Senior Citizens Club at South District is organising an excursion to Segovia departing from the frontier on the 19th September and returning on the 26th. This will be on a full board basis with excursions to Madrid, Avila, La Granja and Toledo included in the price.
If interested please phone John Norton on 200 71849 at your earliest convenience.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GSCA120521_1.xmlRead More!
- Senior Citizens
- Free Travel on Route 5 for Senior Citizens Resident in Gibraltar
- United Kingdom Gibraltar Tourism Association meets
Association Citizens Newsletter Senior
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge