Seasonal Flu Vaccine
The Seasonal Flu vaccine is now available from the Primary Care Centre (Blood Clinic) from Monday to Fridays between 2pm and 4pm.
Vaccination is recommended for all persons aged 65 years or over and all persons aged between 6 months and 65 years, who:
Suffer from diseases that put them at High Risk. These diseases include:
- A chest complaint or breathing difficulties, including bronchitis and emphysema
- A heart problem
- A kidney disease
- A liver disease
- A neurological condition, e.g. multiple sclerosis (MS) or cerebral palsy
- A stroke or a transient ischaemic attack
- Have lowered immunity due to disease or treatment, such as
- Cancer treatment
- A problem with the spleen (e.g. sickle cell disease) or have had the spleen removed.
- Are pregnant (of any age and at any stage of pregnancy)
- Are the main carer of an older or disabled person
- Are front line health or social care workers, such as Care Agency employees,
- Doctors, Nurses, Dentists and Pharmacists in the private sector
- Are handlers of live animals and birds, such as GONHS staff, veterinary staff and bird handlers
Those people who have previously received the vaccine should collect their numbered tickets from 1.30pm to 3.30pm outside the blood clinic.
Those people who have NOT previously received the vaccine should make an appointment with your GP to be referred to the vaccination clinic.
For further details contact the Primary Care Centre on 200 70143 ext. 3210 or 200 72355.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX121018_1.xmlRead More!
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge