RGP Officers pay tribute to the Two GMP Officers killed in the line of duty
This time every year, officers and staff of the Royal Gibraltar Police congregate at New Mole House Police Station for a mass to celebrate the feast of the Archangel Saint Michael.
This year Monsignor Paul Bear officiated the mass and special prayers were offered to the two Greater Manchester Police Officers Fiona Bone and Nicola Hughes that where killed in the line of duty two weeks ago. Commissioner of Police Eddie Yome who recently wrote to Chief Constable Peter Fahy, expressed to the officers and staff of Greater Manchester Police, as well as the bereaved families his deepest sympathy and profound condolences for such a huge loss, in this most unfortunate and tragic incident.
He reiterated the fact that at times we forget the dangers police officers constantly face and that we should be cognisant not take their work for granted.
Photo Credit : RGP
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?RGPX121003_1.xmlRead More!
- GDP officers return from Olympics
- Gibraltar Abolishes Import Duty for Yachts
- Cigarette seizures at Eastern Beach – Officers assaulted in a serious incident
- ‘Silverline Gibraltar’ telephone help line.
Duty killed line. Officers tribute
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge