Queens Birthday Honours
Her Majesty The Queen has been graciously pleased to give orders for the following appointments:
To be Ordinary Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (OBE): Karel Mark CHICHON, Co-Founder and Artistic Director of the Gibraltar Philharmonic Society. For services to music and culture in Gibraltar.
To be Ordinary Members of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE): Mrs Maria Louisa (known as Marisa) DESOIZA, Chair of the Gibraltar Society for Cancer Relief. For services to cancer relief in Gibraltar.
Michael PRESCOTT, founder member of the Gibraltar National Dance Organisation. For services to dance and the arts in Gibraltar.
Her Majesty The Queen has also been graciously pleased to give orders for the award of a British Empire Medal to:
Manuel (known as Manolo) RUIZ, Founding President, Senior Citizens Association, Gibraltar. For services to the community, particularly to senior citizens, in Gibraltar
His Excellency The Governor, Sir Adrian Johns, has awarded the Gibraltar Award (Governor’s Certificate and Badge of Honour) in recognition of exceptional services in Gibraltar to:
Mr Anthony GALLIANO. For services to scouting in Gibraltar.
Mr Raphael GONZALEZ. For services to the Royal Gibraltar Regiment and the local community in Gibraltar.
The Governor said I would like to offer my congratulations to all the recipients. I am delighted that a significant number of worthy candidates in Gibraltar have been recognised in this list.
This is a direct result of more high quality nominations. But we need to keep the momentum up: another honours round is already under way and we need more nominations. I would urge people to think about nominating those who might merit an award. It is particularly fitting that we recognise in this way the achievements of our Gibraltar community in this, the Queens Diamond Jubilee
It is important that nominations are strong and include supporting information, given that they will need to stand up to scrutiny by people who may not know the individual concerned or their work. Forms can be submitted at any time during the year and will be held for consideration by the Gibraltar Honours Board at their next meeting.
Packs containing nomination forms and guidance notes are available from the Convent reception or electronically by e-mailing Enquiry.Gibraltar@fco.gov.uk.
In addition to the advice contained in the guidance notes, the Honours Board Secretary can offer general advice on the process (by e-mail on Enquiry.Gibraltar@fco.gov.uk or by calling the Convent on 2004 5440).
Useful information can also be found on the UK direct.gov.uk website (or just Google UK Honours System).
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?CFCO120616_1.xmlRead More!
Birthday Honours Queens
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge