Politically motivated frontier queues
UK must respond to Spanish Politically motivated Frontier queues with action, not just words.
It is clear to everyone in Gibraltar that we are once again under a hostile economic and political campaign by the Spanish PP Government. Irrespective of internal views we may have of the Governments handling of relations with Spain since they came to office, it is clear that the Spanish PP Government true to form have resorted to type.
The cry for Gibraltar Español had its origins in the 1930s Falange party and Francos fascism promoted this. It is regrettable that the current Spanish PP Government have clearly no policy when it comes to its relationship with Gibraltar that can distinguish it with Francos fascism. It was one of the first words that we heard from the lips of Spains Foreign Minister Senor Margallo and as no surprise the tactics that have followed come straight out of the fascists unimaginative guide to trying to recover Gibraltar against her wishes. We have seen it so many times and as in the past it will come to nothing other than to harden our resolve and unite us. It is tedious and predictable but nevertheless affects many citizens and visitors alike in an unacceptable and negative way.
The PDP, in condemning the behaviour of the Spanish PP Government generally and more specifically as demonstrated by the artificial creation of up to six hour frontier queues, express their full support for the Governments efforts to rally support in the UK this week.
It takes the opportunity to remind the Governor and other UK representatives in our Gibraltar, that our constitutional relationship requires the UK Government to be as robust in defending Gibraltar against Spanish state bullying as it should any o ther British territory including mainland UK. Soft or even harsh words between foreign offices are not sufficient.
Gibraltar hosts a British and Nato Base, Gibraltarians have and continue to form part of military forces in many theatres of war alongside regular UK regiments. In times like these being British must mean an expectation of a gloves off defence, of our rights as
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?PDPG121015_1.xmlRead More!
frontier motivated Politically queues
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge