Olympic Post Box
Following a request to the Chief Minister by 11-year old Isabella Jimenez, the Royal Gibraltar Post Office will be paying tribute to Gibraltars two Olympians, rhythmic gymnast Georgina Cassar and hockey umpire Nathan Stagno.
To coincide with the Paralympic Games and National Week between Monday 27 August and Friday 14 September 2012, the pillar box outside the main Post Office in Main Street will be painted in red, white and blue. An inscription will read: A tribute to all Gibraltarians who participated and helped in London 2012. This is temporary and it will be repainted in the traditional colour afterwards.
The Chief Minister, Hon Fabian Picardo MP said he was delighted the Royal Gibraltar Post Office were happy to follow up Isabellas idea. In the UK, Olympic gold medallists have been honoured by their home town with the painting of one pillar box in gold. Here, we could not let the occasion go by without paying some tribute to Georgina, Nathan and everyone else from Gibraltar who played different roles at the Olympics.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120824_1.xmlRead More!
- Olympic post box launched
- Chief minister and Mrs Picardo to attend Olympic opening
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge