No to Bullfighting Talks
The ESG wishes to add its voice to those opposing the talks on Bullfighting to be held soon at the Instituto de Cervantes. This sport, while heavily immersed in Spanish culture, should nevertheless have been banned as bloody, cruel and outdated.
It is the view of the group that the Gibraltar Government should intervene and stop such talks from going ahead in the name of culture. This bloody sport continues to be practised widely in Spain today, in spite of growing national opposition to it.
The ESG strongly believes that as a responsible member of the European Union, Gibraltar should prevent any soft promotion of this barbaric sport which could in any way encourage this activity further.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?ESGX120504_1.xmlRead More!
- William Hague talks about Gibraltar
- Talks about Fishing
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge