New Governent Energy plans announcement
The ESG welcomes Governments announcement today on the new, temporary power station at the North Mole.
After over a decade of campaigning, and several meetings held with Government throughout this year, we believe that at long last, steps are being taken that will help alleviate the shocking conditions created by the three ageing power stations, and suffered by thousands of local residents.
Many understand that the noise and air emissions from these stations are not simply nuisance factors but are also harmful to health; therefore, a reduction of such pollution as pledged by the Chief Minister in his announcement today can only be seen as extremely positive news.
Of course, this is a temporary solution and Government is still planning its final, and long-term power station replacement which we hope will also be located away from residential areas, follow highest standards and technology. We trust that a decision for this is taken soon.
Meanwhile, it is understood that renewable energy options are also being looked at very carefully with a view to incorporating these into Gibraltars energy needs.
The ESG has been calling for such measures for years and we therefore welcome all steps taken in this hugely important direction and await further announcements with interest.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?ESGX121108_1.xmlRead More!
- No ‘Grave Concerns’ of GSD Plans for Mental Health Facility
- GIBRALTAR: Overlay district plans in motion for waterfront
announcement Energy Governent plans
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge