King George V Hospital
The Gibraltar Health Authority announces that general improvement works at the Old Mental Health Facility are well under way. The intent of the exercise is to bridge the gap from the existing facility and the expected completion of the new Mental Health Facility.
Works are being carried out using mainly the in-house works department and Gibraltar Government Apprentices. The programme of works is being coordinated by the GHA Works Manager Mr Luis Consigliero in conjunction with the Mental Health Team and other relevant stake holders.
Commenting on the works Mr Consigliero stated:
Works are well on schedule to improve the present King George V Hospital in order to cater for patients up to the expected completion of the New Mental Health Facility. Works have been discussed and prioritised with ultimate importance given to the dignity and quality of life of the users of the facility.
We have brought together our own works team and with the support and assistance of Mr Salvador Sivers, a cohort of experienced Government Trainees, to work together in all areas of construction. By pooling in our own resources and those of other Government entities, we have minimised the cost of this interim solution.
Mr Sivers added:
This is a great opportunity for apprentices to work in a real environment and put their skills to the test.
The GHA takes this opportunity to thank all those involved in this very worthy project.
View full post on http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120320_3.xmlRead More!
George Hospital King
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge