Isobel Ellul-Hammond MBE: October Questions to Parliament
Opposition Spokesman for Health, Isobel Ellul-Hammond, will be submitting over 20 questions to Parliament this month. After the introduction of the Smoke-Free legislation on 1st October, Mrs Ellul-Hammond will ask if as a result of the increased smoking taking place outside buildings, whether the Government will place more cigarette-end bins around town.
Dr Cortes will be asked how much Dr McCutcheon, former CEO of the GHA, was awarded in compensation for having cut his employment contract short, and how the new one month advance appointment system will be improved in order to avoid the scenes witnessed on the 1st of October at the Primary Care Centre.
After concerns raised by GHA medical staff, in a statement to the press, that it is ineffective in protecting employees against harassment and intimidation, the Opposition Spokesman will ask what the Minister for Health will be doing in order to make the GHAs zero tolerance policy more efficient.
Seeing that Dr Cortes was unable to substantiate his Budget statement, Isobel Ellul-Hammond will ask the Chief Minister to provide the list he promised her of health-related charities that the Government claims the GSD discouraged the work and contributions of, and the circumstances under which this happened. Education Minister, Mr Gilbert Licudi, will be asked to verify or not whether the Gibraltar College of Further Education will be moving to the old St Christophers School site, and Sacred Heart School moving into the vacated College site. Policy clarification will be sought on the catering for the increased number of children in the South District and Westside catchment areas.
The Opposition Spokesman for Education will further ask why Year 10 Bayside students get their GCSE results, for some of their subject modules, on the same day all Year 11 students get their GCSE results, and Year 10 Westside students receive the GCSE results for some of their subject modules two weeks later, at the beginning of their new academic year.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GSDX121011_2.xmlRead More!
- Statement to Parliament by the Chief Minister, Hon Fabian Picardo MP
- Gibraltar flag flies in Parliament Square
- The Hon Damon Bossino-June Questions for Parliament
- Questions for Parliament – Danny Feetham
- Bringing discredit to Parliament
EllulHammond Isobel October Parliament Questions
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge