Illegal handling and collection of waste
There has recently been an increase in the clandestine collection of different kinds of waste, primarily scrap metal and waste electrical and electronic equipment by unregulated companies and individuals for subsequent transportation to Spain.
The general public and business operators are reminded that it is an offence to hand over any type of waste to any person or company that is not registered or licensed in Gibraltar as a waste collector under the Public Health Act.
If you have any doubts as to whether the person or company that you are engaging to collect your waste is regulated under the aforementioned Act you can either:-
1. Require him to produce his registration or licence documents or;
2. Alternatively you can phone the offices of the Environmental Agency on Tel.20070620 to verify if the company or person is in possession of a valid registration or licence document.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120716_1.xmlRead More!
- Collection in memory of Joey Gabay
- The ESG welcomes seven day week waste facility
collection handling Illegal waste
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge