Highlanders Arrive On The Rock
Members of The Highlanders, 4th Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland (4 Scots) arrived on the Rock yesterday (12 April) to cover the duties of the Royal Gibraltar Regiment whilst the RG are in the United Kingdom.
Here for several weeks, the Highlanders will carry out security tasks at Devils Tower Camp and complete military training.
We are delighted to be here, said Captain Callum MacLeod, We will be busy, but the Rock offers fantastic training opportunities and we are looking forward to taking full advantage.
The soldiers, whose Private ranks are informally called Jocks, will be easy to spot whilst carrying out formal duties in Gibraltar as the kilt forms part of the Regiments traditional ceremonial uniform.
The Regiment is normally based in Germany and last visited Gibraltar in the 1990s.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?HQBF120413_1.xmlRead More!
- CUTW Plastic Monster on a ‘promotional tour’ of the Rock
- Rock of Gibraltar Special Area of Conservation (SAC)
- Eleanor Laing visits the Rock
- HMS Sutherland visits the Rock
- Tornados arrive on the Rock
Arrive Highlanders Rock
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge