GSLP/Liberals Finally Accept no Gibraltarians Forced to Live in Spain
The GSD has expressed astonishment that despite years of constant criticism of the GSD Government by Minister Bruzon, when he was in Opposition, about the scores of Gibraltarians who according to him were forced to seek accommodation in Spain because the GSD Government was not making enough homes available to its own people, it now transpires that in Government he takes a different position altogether. Indeed, he agrees with the view that we expressed to him on a number of occasions that there was no real demand from Gibraltarians living in Spain and that there were a number of reasons why people had decided to live in Spain, amongst them lifestyle choices.
It will be recalled that in their manifesto the GSLP/Liberals committed themselves to provide a separate, additional housing list for applicants who are currently living in Spain…who would otherwise have been eligible to be on the housing list had they…not been forced across the border. When asked in Parliament about the creation of this list last month, the Minister for Housing, Mr Bruzon, stated that there are only one or two people who have expressed an interest…and that the demand is literally very limited so therefore no new list will be opened by the Government for returning Gibraltarians. This is an astonishing admission given the very aggressive campaign conducted by the GSLP/Liberals over the last four years on this very same issue.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GSDX120413_1.xmlRead More!
- Britain and Spain trade blows over Gibraltar
- Government takes a very serious view of threats from Spain
- Group: 10 pct of Spain workers in Gibraltar fired
- Arrests in Spain
- Spain Muddies Gibraltar’s Waters
Accept Finally Forced Gibraltarians GSLP/Liberals Live Spain
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge