GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.Update
GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
The statement by the Government that the previous GSD Government cheated at the last elections by doing things that it was not allowed to do is foolish and false. It does not cease to be so by mention of an alleged Attorney Generals legal opinion. What is more, the statement shows a total ignorance of how caretaker decisions are taken, and by whom they are assessed and authorised.
The GSD Government has never breached rules relating to caretaker government. The Government statement does not identify the Company or alleged decisions in question. However, it appears from GSLP bloggers on social media sites that the Governments statement relates to a pay deal allegedly done with staff of GJBS Limited on 8th November.
The GSD Opposition calls upon the Government to publish all papers relating to this matter, including the Attorney Generals legal opinion. Failure to do so will demonstrate the Government statement to be exactly what the GSD believes it to be, namely another abusive, distorted and untrue statement by the Government.
The Government statement also says that the timing of other contracts by the previous GSD Government also raised eyebrows. The GSD calls on the Government to specify what these contracts are.
The statement represents yet another attempt by a Government, that cannot get out of Opposition campaign mode, to discredit its predecessor, and to conceal its own rampant political corrupt actions, by casting aspersions about the previous GSD Government through a never ending drip of innuendoes.
A GSD spokesperson said: No new Government has ever brought Gibraltar so many problems so quickly, and no new Government has lost the confidence and support of the community as quickly as this one. They cannot disguise or deflect those facts, and their own serial wrongdoings by constantly attacking the Opposition.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GSDX121128_1.xmlRead More!
- Government spending inconsistent with GSLP election slogan on debt
- Bossano Denial not True says GSD
- Government Adopts Character Assassination Tactics to Smokescreen their Errors
- Government terminate contract with Leisure Centre bowling company
- Government Unwilling to Openly Provide Information when Requested
accusations Cheating elections false'. foolish Government last
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge