Governors Christmas card competition
His Excellency the Governor Sir Adrian Johns, was delighted with the large number of entries that were received for the Governors 2012 Christmas Card Competition. A total of 186 cards were submitted.
Year 3 school pupils in Gibraltar entered a colourful array of cards with various designs capturing the Christmas at the end of the Diamond Jubilee Year theme. Christmas trees and Santa hats were popular choices, whilst other cards featured original and creative designs such as Santas sleigh being pulled by the Red Arrows and the Queen opening Christmas presents under a Christmas tree.
The panel of judges included His Excellency the Governor, Mr Joey Britto, the Director of Education and Mrs Willa Vasquez, a local artist. The panel commented on the time and effort that had gone into the vibrant and colourful Christmas card designs.
The winner of this years competition is Sarah Vitale of the Notre Dame School. Sarahs design will feature on the Governors Christmas Cards which will be sent around the world, including to Her Majesty the Queen. The runners up were Christina Ochella and Carla Cruz, also pupils at the Notre Dame School. The winner and runners up will be invited to lunch with His Excellency the Governor and presented with a trophy each, kindly donated by HM Government of Gibraltar.
His Excellency the Governor said I was delighted to see that so many designs had been submitted to the Christmas Card competition. Choosing a winner was very tough as the children really created some fantastic cards. It has been a great way to celebrate the end of a memorable Diamond Jubilee year for Gibraltar and it has also shown the creativity and imagination of our youngsters.
All the Christmas cards that were entered into the competition will be decorating the Convent over the Christmas period and will be on display during the Convent Christmas Fair on Thursday 29th November.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?CFCO121121_1.xmlRead More!
- Christmas Fair success
- Gibraltar lights up for Christmas
- Diamond Jubilee Autumn poetry competition
- Christmas shopping awaeness campaign
- RGP names new vessels after former Governors
card Christmas competition Governors
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge