Gibtelecom prepares for power cuts
This morning Gibtelecom took delivery of an additional Catepillar 900KVA standby generator for its south district data centre.
The police escorted the generator and the large crane up Europa Road causing a small traffic delay at around 10.30.
The generator was quickly dropped into place with the existing units bringing up the capacity on site to around five megawatts.
Caterpillar is a leading manufacturer of power generation equipment and the unit is fitted in a sound attenuated, weather protective enclosure providing nesting for birds. A new unit can cost around 100,000 pounds which shows the level of investment required to provide continuity of electrical supply for critical equipment.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?MISC120328_1.xmlRead More!
cuts Gibtelecom power prepares
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge