Flying the flag
The Voice of Gibraltar Group condemns the action of the Spanish Government in encouraging and permitting the recent incursions by their navy and para military forces in British Gibraltar Testimonial Waters.
Although a large rust bucket with an oversized flag steaming up and down the middle of the bay is little more than a joke, particularly for a nation which cannot manage its financial affairs properly the later incident where a Guardia Civil vessel harassed a local pleasure craft is much more serious.
We thank the Gibraltar police for their swift and decisive action.
The solution to these problems lies in diplomacy. Earlier in the year we wrote to HE the Governor to convey the concerns that are passed to the group by ordinary people and have no doubt he took these on board. We also believe that the message has been delivered to the Government of the Kingdom of Spain, Clearly they are not listening or are looking at provoking an incident to try and draw attention away from the disastrous state of their economy.
In the meantime, they create queues at the frontier. We have lobbied our MEPS on this matter and our voice is being heard in the European Parliament, where thanks to the ten year campaign by the SDGG Gibraltar is fully represented.
Giving the importance of Gibraltar to the economy of the Campo, a fact not understood by the obsessed mayor of Algeciras – its time Spain acted as a good neighbour rather than a spoilt child waving its flag at us and blaming Gibraltar for its self-inflicted ills.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?VOGG121115_1.xmlRead More!
- Gibraltar flag flies in Parliament Square
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge