Electricity Network Failure
The power failure yesterday was not a power generation issue but a network supply failure.
The indications are that damage was caused to a cable between the Orange Bastion distribution centre and the OESCO generating station. It is possible that a contractor may have caused the damage. This will be investigated fully once power has been restored to all parts of Gibraltar.
Indeed, efforts to restore power caused overloading to other parts of the system and hence further failures. The creaking electrical infrastructure has, in any case, suffered from under-investment for many years. The new Government has started to upgrade the distribution network and will continue to do so. However, this should have happened ten years ago.
The Gibraltar Electricity Authority would like to apologise to its customers for the inconvenience that has been caused.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120731_2.xmlRead More!
- Security of Electricity Supply
- Government Committed to Security of Electricity Supply
Electricity Failure Network
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge