Eight year old swims to save a life
Kind hearted Ben Donohue (8) is going to swim 4.5 miles on the 1st September to raise money for critically ill Jamie Inglis (6) who he has never met.
Ben was sitting with his parents and their friend SSgt Robert Records when he overheard a conversation about Jamie. 40 year old Robert mentioned a close friend from his army training days whose son Jamie suffers from neuroblastoma, an aggressive childhood cancer.
Robert mentioned that Jamie had already beaten the deadly disease when he was only three, but he now needs to raise 250,000 pounds to pay for relapse treatment in Germany. Ben was moved enough to put a plan into action and decided to swim 4.5 miles as a sponsored swim.
His enthusiasm and determination stirred an idea in Roberts mind who felt it was unfair to let him do a sponsored event on his own. So Robert decided to run a marathon on the same day. He will run a lap of the rock and complete the rest on a treadmill located at the Europa pool. As if running a marathon wasnt difficult enough in the heat, Robert will then attempt to run up the rock!
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?HQBF120802_1.xmlRead More!
- Royal Life Saving Society’s National Beach Lifeguard awards
- Probationary officer of the year award
- Rotunda Supermarket permission given last year
Eight life save swims year
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge