Dr Giraldi Home Inquiry
The Government announces that, under the provisions of the Commissions of Inquiry Act, it has appointed the Rt. Hon. Sir Jonathan Parker to chair an Inquiry into allegations of mismanagement, misconduct and malpractice, including abuse, at Dr Giraldi Home as alleged by Joanna Hernandez. The Inquiry will also investigate the conduct of the relevant authorities in response to these allegations.
The GSLP/ Liberals when in Opposition, were greatly concerned about allegations which had been brought to the fore by Ms Hernandez, a former manager at Dr Giraldi Home, whose employment was terminated. As such, this Administration committed itself to an independent review of the allegations that were made at the time.
The Inquirys Terms of Reference are attached. In due course representations will be invited as to a possible extension of the Terms of Reference.
It is envisaged that the hearing of the Inquiry will take place in the spring of 2013.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX121023_1.xmlRead More!
Giraldi Home Inquiry
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge