Dead Fish Story
The ESG is concerned to note the “phenomena” of numerous dead fish appearing on the same day (2nd May 2012) at two separate locations in the Bay.
One sighting was at Camp Bay in Gibraltar, the other a few kilometres away in the Rio de Palmones area in Spain. The ESG believes this is too much of a coincidence and calls on the Gibraltar Government to look into the matter further. In Spain concerned witnesses had been enjoying the abundant marine life in the same strip of river which, only one day later, on the 2nd May, held the distressing sight of numerous dead fish.
This raises chemical pollution as a potential cause as well as those others offered by marine expert Dr Eric Shaw of discarded commercial catch or sudden swell up.
The Spanish Environmental Ministry is investigating potential causes and the ESG urges GoG to similarly follow up the matter. If any chemical spill is verified, this could affect our water intake systems as well as marine life but whatever the cause we hope that samples can be tested in a laboratory to confirm either way.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?ESGX120504_2.xmlRead More!
- ‘Bilateralism is dead’ says Chief Minister
Dead Fish Story
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge