CUTW Plastic Monster on a ‘promotional tour’ of the Rock
This week, the ESG organised a tour for our incredible Plastic Monster to help raise awareness of the soon to be launched plastics recycling service provided by Government with the help of Master Services.
The monster was produced during various summer workshops for Clean up the World. Under the watchful eye of EcoArt, Anna Maza, volunteers hard work ensured the monster grew to enormous proportions in time for the Parade and Exhibition. The creature has since sat quietly waiting for its swansong promotional tour before itself becoming recycled via Master Services new plastic recycling service. The service launches this month. Once again the monster managed to draw attention and discussion and a few laughs too wherever it appeared.
Obviously there is a very serious message being given here about the harmful effects of mismanaged plastic waste, especially at sea, where millions of seabirds and marine life are threatened by growing amounts of plastic in the worlds oceans. The ESG hopes the community will respond to the new service and help address this environmental problem.
With the help of GBC and Master Services the tour was successfully filmed and will be shown during Stuff About us Programme this Friday 23rd November at 21.30hrs. Dont miss it!
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?ESGX121122_1.xmlRead More!
- Rock of Gibraltar Special Area of Conservation (SAC)
- Eleanor Laing visits the Rock
- HMS Sutherland visits the Rock
- Tornados arrive on the Rock
- Lighting up the British Rock
'promotional CUTW Monster Plastic Rock tour'
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge