The Voice of Gibraltar group welcomes the action of ASCTEG in holding a protest against the new restrictions at the frontier which affect both sides in a negative manner, however we disagree with their view that this has nothing to do with sovereignty.
Although Spanish Nationals have no concerns about sovereignty, because Gibraltar and the UK do not have designs on the Campo, The reverse is not the case. We are shocked to read reports by EFE that the Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel Garcia-Margallo intends to tell his British counterpart William Hague that He wants dialogue with Britain over the future of Gibraltar, and that The question of sovereignty over Gibraltar must be resolved exclusively by Spain and Britain, without intervention by the Rock’s elected officials.
No doubt William Hague, who visited The Rock before being elected into Government will enlighten him and also give him a copy of the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (1982) which was ratified by Spain and replaces anything in the Treaty of Utrecht regarding waters.
The PP persists with promoting outdated ideas and lack of respect for the people of Gibraltar. It continues to encourage the phoney war at sea which can only result in a disaster. Against this intransigence, there is the good news that an increasing number of Spanish nationals and organisations, like ASCTEG, are beginning to see Gibraltar as a solution and not a problem.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?VOGG120524_1.xmlRead More!
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge