Cigarette seizures – three arrests
HM Customs seized 26,600 cigarettes (133 cartons), two Spanish registered vehicles and arrested three Spanish nationals yesterday in two separate incidents.
A 49 year old man, resident in Malaga, was arrested in the Fish Market Road area after his vehicle was searched and found to contain 8,400 cigarettes (42 cartons).
He has been bailed to surrender on July 18th. The vehicle and cigarettes have been seized by HM Customs.
Later in the evening, officers of HM Customs stopped two La Linea residents in the area of Secretarys Lane. The Spanish registered car they were driving was searched and 18,200 cigarettes (91 cartons) were found. The two women, aged 42 and 31, were arrested and subsequently released on bail to surrender on July 19th. The vehicle and the cigarettes have been seized by HM Customs.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120621_2.xmlRead More!
- Arrests in Spain
- Cigarette seizures at Eastern Beach – Officers assaulted in a serious incident
- Cigarette Seizure – Spanish national arrested
- Cigarette seizure by HM Customs – man arrested
arrests Cigarette seizures three
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge