Christmas Fair success
Sinead Acris presented a cheque of £500 to Lady Johns, representative of the Convent Christmas Fair Committee,on behalf of Gibtelecom.
Lady Suzie Johns, Patron of the Convent Christmas Fair Committee, has thanked the sponsors, volunteers and members of the public who helped make this years Convent Christmas Fair the most successful to date with over 1,500 paying guests passing through The Convent to celebrate the Christmas season
Speaking at The Convent earlier, Lady Johns said:
Once again the Convent Christmas Fair has been a huge success, it seemed to me to be the best yet. I would like to thank everyone who was involved both in the organisation of the event and those who helped out on the day. This year over 1500 people attended and we had a fantastic range of stalls with some exciting and different content. The raffles were excellent, the refreshments plentiful and the St Marys School Choir, the Gibraltar Regiment Quartet and Santas Grotto were as popular as ever. I would also like to thank our major sponsors who have been hugely generous and who are too many to mention.
I am delighted to say that we have raised over £22,000. We will be donating the bulk of this to the Gibraltar Diamond Jubilee Trust Fund. This money will be used to fund charitable projects in Gibraltar in order to leave a positive and lasting legacy of HM The Queens Diamond Jubilee. We are also giving a donation to the Gibraltar St John Ambulance to say thank you for all their invaluable assistance over the years to the Christmas Fair.
The winning ticket for the Motorbike kindly donated by Bassadone Motors was number 2091.
The Convent Christmas Fair is a big effort on everyones part but we all feel it is thoroughly worthwhile so that we can support such wonderful causes. Thank you to everyone involved.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?MISC121212_1.xmlRead More!
- Gibraltar lights up for Christmas
- Governors Christmas card competition
- Christmas shopping awaeness campaign
Christmas Fair success
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge