Bringing discredit to Parliament
Referring to the meeting of Parliament on Wednesday 14th March, a GSD spokesman stated that even against the background of the heated exchanges at Question Time, the Honourable Mr Bossanos challenge to Opposition Member Daniel Feetham to a mano a mano fisticuffs in the ante-chamber (i.e. within the precincts of Parliament) can only be seen as threatening physical confrontation against another Member of the House and should be universally condemned.
To boot it is not the first time that Mr Bossano made such remarks within the Legislature.
The danger of Mr Bossano not being called to account for his outburst is that unchecked it might be passed off as a characteristic display of temper, when in fact it is a serious breach of the parliamentary rules, in a different league from the most heated of exchanges and sets the wrong kind of example to people following parliamentary proceedings.
The GSD calls on Mr Bossano to apologise for his behaviour, and failing that, that the Chief Minister and Leader of the House should publicly dissociate himself and his Party from the Ministers threat. Any less would be to condone an unacceptable outburst, which brings discredit to Parliament.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GSDX120321_1.xmlRead More!
- Statement to Parliament by the Chief Minister, Hon Fabian Picardo MP
- Gibraltar flag flies in Parliament Square
- Isobel Ellul-Hammond MBE: October Questions to Parliament
- The Hon Damon Bossino-June Questions for Parliament
- Questions for Parliament – Danny Feetham
Bringing discredit Parliament
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge