A group of Leaders and members from Dolphins Youth Club went on a hike last Saturday. The aim of the hike was to continue the team building process and to reward members who had been involved in a cake stall some weeks ago.
The group walked part of a trail that leads from Punta Paloma (large sand dunes past Tarifa) through to Bolonia (small fishing village). The trail itself begins past the old Military base entrance and proved quite interesting as the terrain often changed from walking on the road through the disused base through to walking deep in the pine forest and then on the beach. The highlight was, no doubt, the natural rock pool formations that are known as
Las Piscinitas, which were very impressive. Having completed the walk by
mid afternoon and with only snacks in our stomachs, the group had a late lunch at a restaurant in Tarifa before returning to Gibraltar.
On the ride back, the youngsters were already mentioning when they could go on another outing and that they would like to visit the Roman Ruins at Bolonia. Other trips of interest to them will take place in the coming months.
Dolphins Youth Club is always on the lookout for new members, so young people aged between 12 and 19 years who would like to know more about the clubs programmes and days of opening are welcome.
For more information please contact the Youth Service on 20075020; email email@example.com or log on to www.youth.gi
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120404_3.xmlRead More!
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge