Autumn cultural events
The Gibraltar Culture and Heritage Agency wishes to remind artists about the
39th Gibraltar International Art Competition.
The competition is open to anyone aged 16 and over as at 30th October 2012. A maximum of two artworks (painting and/or sculpture) may be submitted by each artist. Works must be original and not previously entered competitively.
1st Prize The Gustavo Bacarisa Prize £4,000
2nd Prize The Jacobo Azagury £2,000
3rd Prize The Leni Mifsud Prize £1,500
Young Artist The Rudecindo Mannia Prize £1,000
Additionally there will be the Bonita Trust Award of £3,000 for the best
Gibraltar Theme entry.
All the above listed winning artworks will become the property of the Ministry of Culture.
Entry forms and conditions are available from: The Fine Arts Gallery, Casemates
The Arts Centre, Prince Edwards Road
John Mackintosh Hall, 308 Main Street
Ministry of Culture, 310 Main Street; Email: email@example.com
Entries must be handed in at the Casemates Exhibition Galleries from Monday 15th October 2012 from 1pm to 6pm. Closing date for receipt of entries is Friday 19th October 2012.
B. DIAMOND JUBILEE POETRY COMPETITION
The Gibraltar Culture and Heritage Agency, in conjunction with The Gibraltar Chronicle and The Department of Education & Training, will hold a Poetry Competition as part of the 2012 autumn programme.
The competition is open to Gibraltarians and residents of Gibraltar who may submit two original works related to the Queens Diamond Jubilee. Entries can be in the form of discussing any aspect of the monarchy or focussed on the Jubilee celebrations.
The winning entry will receive the Ministry of Culture Prize of £300 and a trophy. There will also be three categories based on school years (or College equivalent) as follows:
A. Years 4 to 7
B. Years 8 to 11
C. Years 12 and 13
The winner of each category will receive a £50 voucher and a pen, kindly sponsored by The Gibraltar Chronicle, and a trophy donated by the Ministry of Culture. All winning entries will be printed in the Gibraltar Chronicle.
Entry forms and full conditions are available from:
Schools and Gibraltar College of Further Education
The Department of Education, 23 Queensway
The Ministry of Culture, 310 Main Street or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entries must reach the Ministry of Culture by Friday 12th October 2012.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX121008_4.xmlRead More!
- Diamond Jubilee Autumn poetry competition
- Gibraltar Autumn culture programme – 2012
Autumn cultural events
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge