Art in action at Casemates
On Tuesday this week Bayside and Westside Comprehensive School art teachers, Mr. Ullger and Mr. Perez organised an art event at Casemates, AS and A2 students created exhibits to show various historical aspects of the area.
In the past Casemates saw public hangings and for a time was the site of the Moroccan workers hostel. Other exhibits tackled the smoking ban and tobacco smuggling. There was also an example of the evolution of man to drinking beer as bars have relaced public hangings as entertainment.
The timing was right as later in the week the weather deteriorated and this might have been the last good day of the year.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GPIX121026_1.xmlRead More!
- Strongmen pull a bus at Casemates
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge