Al Gore’s Climate exaggerations
Against the backdrop of the Government of Gibraltar having spent an undisclosed sum estimated to be over £150,000 to bring failed US presidential candidate Al Gore as the keynote speaker at the Thinking Green presentation this Sunday, a local businessman has invited Lord Monckton to the Rock to present an alternative view.
Lord Monckton who comments on climate change as a science expert and sceptic of the doom and gloom scenario painted by Gore yesterday said the Gibraltar Government should not be paying sizeable amounts of money for just one side of the environmental debate.
At a press conference at the Eliott Hotel he spoke for an hour and half without a single note, and seemed to hold the attention of the audience. He reiterated his scathing criticisms of Al Gore and repeated his challenge first delivered in 2007, for a public debate.
In his first ever visit to the Rock, Lord Monckton who has travelled the world probing, inquiring and asking uncomfortable, if not inconvenient questions regarding the claims by the world environmental lobby, declared that he would be closely following every word that Mr Gore utters in his seminar and that if there was any claim that could be interpreted as being fraudulent, he would be compiling a report for the relevant prosecuting authorities to consider. The Gibraltar media are specifically banned from recording anything Al Gore says in his presentation.
Lord Monckton repeatedly points out global warming is being promoted as a scare way beyond what the science establishes and those doing so are in his opinion guilty of criminal fraud.
He points to a court ruling in the UK which established that several things refered to in Al Gores film an inconvenient Truth were in fact lies without any scientific basis.
He said that although there is long term global warming, recent official statistics show none has occurred for the last 15 years, and that the huge amount of money being spent on so called Green projects could be better utilised.
Lord Moncton will be giving a presentation open to the public at the Elliot Hotel on Monday at 7pm. There is no charge for entry
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?MISC121020_1.xmlRead More!
Climate exaggerations Gore's
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge