Air Crash Disaster Exercise
An exercise to test the emergency response to a major incident at the Gibraltar Airport will take place on Tuesday 29th May 2012. All emergency and essential services from both HM Government of Gibraltar and the Ministry of Defence will take part. Also participating will be other departments and agencies that normally support the emergency and medical services. All levels of Command will be activated.
The scenario for the exercise involves a passenger aircraft which has crashed on take-off at the eastern end of the runway, breaking in two on impact.
The public are advised to stay away from the area if possible as an increase in activity and traffic is expected.
Add to Facebook Add to Twitter Main News
Refer http://www.gibnews.net/cgi-bin/gn_view.pl/?GOGX120525_4.xmlRead More!
- Exercise ‘Rocky Sparrow’ Wenesday 15th
Crash Disaster Exercise
- GIBRALTAR: Mayor presents beautification award to residents, business
- Gibraltar Savings Bank
- HMG does not undertake meetings that constitute the Bilateral Process on Gibraltar
- HMS Sutherland conducts security patrols in BGTW
- Christmas Fair success
- GSD Asks Bossano to Calm Down
- Ministerial statement by William Hague
- Chief Minister meets Prime Minister in Downing Street
- GSD Continue Concerned over Macaques
- Royal Gibraltar Regiment MTP, medals and Movember
- Two Men Receive Prison Sentences for Indecent Assault
- Gibraltar Take Part in First European Draws
- Disability Movement Puts Things Right
- PDP hold Annual General Meeting
- Gibraltar Solutions Named as a Top Employer in the Greater Toronto Area!
- Newton creative awards 2012 – Music
- 39 months for Grievous bodily Harm with Intent
- GSD says ‘Government accusations of Cheating at the last elections are as foolish as they are false’.
- The Royal Gibraltar Police is Awarded the Bronze Level in Investors In People
- Handbags and gladrags event raises 570 pounds for women’s refuge